Racing provisions in place

Changes to Racing Victoria (RV) meetings have been confirmed with most races still scheduled to proceed with provisions to ensure the safety of community and staff. 
RV issued a statement addressing the changes to race meetings across the state.
Spectators are not allowed to attend meetings between March 17 and April 13.
The following people are allowed to attend:
• Licensed jockeys engaged to compete at the meeting.
• Licensed trainers with runners engaged at the meeting.
• Registered stable staff of trainers with runners engaged at the meeting with trainers asked to minimise the number of staff in attendance.
• Raceday officials and staff.
• Broadcasters (TRP, Racing.com, Channel 7).
• Limited accredited media (only as approved by RV).
Only licensed trainers, registered stablehands, licensed jockeys, RV officials, club staff and essential personnel (vets, farriers, medical staff) will be permitted to attend trackwork and/or training centres within Victoria, including trials and jump-outs until at least April 13.
Victorian jockeys who ride at an interstate race meeting will only be permitted to compete within Victoria if they have travelled to and from the interstate race meeting by private vehicle and/or charter flight.
 RV’s office will be closed to visitors from March 17-31 with staff working remotely where possible. 
All phone lines and emails will continue to be monitored with regular updates on www.racingvictoria.net.au. 
Any queries from participants or customers are to be directed to (03) 9258 4258 or information@racingvictoria.net.au.
 RV’s Apprentice Jockey Training Program has placed classes at RV on hold until at least the end of March with coaching to take place remotely.
RV chief executive Giles Thompson issued the following statement on Monday.
 “These are unprecedented circumstances that required unprecedented actions if we are to continue racing and supporting the 25,000 full-time jobs that Victorian racing underpins,” he said.
“We have two clear priorities at this time; to protect the health and wellbeing of our industry stakeholders and indeed the wider community, and to provide an appropriate framework under which racing can continue for the many people whose livelihoods depend on it.
“In light of the declaration of a state of emergency within Victoria, we can now confirm that no crowds will be permitted at our race meetings for at least the next four weeks.
“A decision on our meetings after April 13 will be made in the coming weeks as the situation evolves, and more timely information is available from the government and health authorities.
“We have implemented strict measures for those attending race meetings and I again ask that any permitted attendee who is feeling unwell not attend and seek medical advice where appropriate. This same approach should apply for those attending trackwork also.”

Swan Hill’s race meeting on Friday will proceed with amendments including no public allowed, no onsite betting, contracted medical staff on location to provide temperature checks and entry to course via one gate (Horse Gate).
Club chief executive officer Aaron Garvey said no decision at this stage had been made on the June Racing Carnival as it was outside of the April 13 provisions.
He also noted that punters can still bet through TAB and races would continue to be broadcasted.