Surge in fires from heaters

RECENT house fires across the region resulting from the use of wood heaters are a reminder that homeowners need to have wood heaters and open fireplaces, including chimneys and flues serviced regularly.

CFA District 20 Assistant Chief Fire Officer Peter Taylor encouraged residents in the north-west region to carry out regular maintenance on wood heater or open fireplace including chimneys and flues to reduce the risk of a house fire this winter.

The Guardian

You can now read the full story.

Click here to view subscription and Pay As You Go options
Subscribe Log in