Update as at 8/08/2020
Victoria has recorded 466 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 14,283.
The overall total has increased by 416 due to 50 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 24 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 442 are under investigation.
There have been 12 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They include a man in his 30s, two men in their 70s, two men and three women in their 80s and four women in their 90s.
Six of the 12 new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 193 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 2584 cases may indicate community transmission
- 7808 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 636 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 44 in intensive care
- 6066 people have recovered from the virus
- More than 1,759,900 tests have been processed – an increase of 29,783 since yesterday
Of the total cases:
- 13,095 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 862 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 6943 men and 7255 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 1667, active cases: 998
- There are 1688 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 184 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 163 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 145 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 122 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 95 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
- 92 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
- 87 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
- 83 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 74 cases have been linked to Aurrum Aged Care in Plenty
- 74 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:
- 198 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
- 165 cases have been linked to Somerville Retail Services in Tottenham
- 121 cases have been linked to JBS Brooklyn
- 92 cases have been linked to Melbourne Health Royal Park Campus
- 83 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
- 60 cases have been linked to Woolworths Distribution Centre Mulgrave
- 45 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
- 45 cases have been linked to Nino Early Learning Centre in Bundoora
- 38 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry in Breakwater
- 33 cases have been linked to Respite Services Australia in Moonee Ponds
- 30 cases have been linked to Ingham’s in Thomastown
- 20 cases have been linked to Jayco in Dandenong
The department is also looking into nine cases linked to Allied Pinnacle bakery in Altona; four cases linked to Werribee Mercy Hospital; two cases linked to Ballarat Health Service; two cases linked to the Ambassador Hotel in Frankston; and one case linked to Sinclair Meats in Ballarat. More information will be available in coming days as investigations continue.
As investigations are undertaken throughout the day, these outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreaks totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.